Interiors: Green Palette
Shanghai has come a long way in terms of restaurants in the past four years. When I moved here in 2014, I didn't eat meat as didn't think it tasted or looked right. In 2018, there is so much more choice for amazing cuisine & food art & well, for me the interiors & decorations of the establishments.
Sticking with May's Green colour palette I would like to share four restaurants that have amazing green interiors & food, however the service still has a long way to go. But if you're in Shanghai, check these places out.
1. Beef & Liberty. It's a chain, high end burger chain, high quality beef. Buy 1 Get 1 on Mondays pretty much everywhere in Shanghai & I recommend this place. I had another place that was my favourite for a while, but went back a few months back & it was an utter disappointment. So, go here! Location: Kwah Centre, 1st Floor, 108 North Xiangyang Road, near Middle Huaihai Road.
2. EQ in Huangpu was a beautiful Danish inspired eatery, but just found out that it's actually closed. Still going to share the interior of it as it's gorgeous. However, a new branch has opened up in Jing'an & there's one in Putuo District. Locations:
- 98 Yanping Road, near Wuding Road.
- Global Harbor Mall, 1st Floor, 3300 Jinshajiang Road, near Ningxia Road.
3. Highline. I love this place in terms of its interior & the fact it has a rooftop terrace with awesome views & the food is delicious too. Try out their brunches at the weekends & their cocktails, well any day or night of the week. Location: 6th Floor, 282 Middle Huaihai Road, near South Huangpi Road. Enter through the Ascott Hotel.
4. Pelikan. Another gorgeous Scandinavian/Nordic inspired restaurant. The vibe here is very summery & warm. Bring a group of friends & share creatively presented plates, but be warned the portions aren't big. Location: 225 Xikang Road, near West Beijing Road.
Let your hair down & enjoy yourself!
All photos are mine.